Business and Technology Strategies for Successful Microgrid Implementation and Operation
Navigant Research forecasts that global annual microgrid capacity will increase from 685 megawatts in 2013 to more than 4 gigawatts by 2020 under a base scenario. The drivers
behind this growth range from the need for greater grid reliability and resiliency, to the need for integrating more renewable energy into the grid -- including distributed solar, wind, biogas, etc.
These trends, as well as the need to reduce reliance on fossil fuels and improve the economics of off-grid energy systems, are are compelling utilities, municipal governments, rural and island communities, and
other stakeholders to look at microgrids and virtual power plants (VPPs) as key strategies for meeting the world's future energy needs.
The Microgrid World Congress 2015 brings together thought leaders, energy executives, and project managers from around the world for three days of intense networking and information sharing concerning the
design, implementation and operation of microgrid and VPP systems around the world. The emphasis is on maximizing the effective use of renewable and distributed energy resources, refining
the positive business model for a range of microgrid deployments, and sharing real-world microgrid case studies in both grid-tied and off-grid/remote environments.
The event will focus on:
- Microgrid feasibility, design, and implementation
- Refining the business case for off-grid, remote, and island microgrids
- Solar + storage advances
- Virtual power plant (VPP) deployments and lessons learned to date
- Utilization of energy storage for microgrid scenarios
- Advanced battery, fuel cell, and flow battery technologies
- Microgrid power control, management, and integration
- Integrating distributed renewable energy resources into the grid
- Effective project evaluation, implementation, and management
- Regulatory and public policy advances
- Standards and interoperability issues
- Market drivers and opportunities world wide
- and more!
Real-World Lessons: The emphasis of the event is on key take-aways from leading microgrid and VPP projects from a range of regions and deployment environments
Bottom Line Focus: The Summit's goal is to help project developers, end users and utilities maximize the business case for hybrid energy microgrids in various scenarios
Executive Networking: Strategic partnerships and alliances will shape the future of this industry. The event will foster interaction among key decision makers and stakeholders across the microgrid spectrum.
Results Oriented: Ample time is reserved for discussion of technology advances and projects at the forefront of microgrid development. Network with project principals and get up to speed on best practices and success strategies.
Financing sources: Summit attendees will learn about effectively planning and financing renewable energy and microgrid projects,
and network with key investment professionals who are looking to support such projects.
An Open, Cross-Industry Networking Event
This international event brings together thought leaders, regulators, project developers and technology innovators from around the world for three days of intense networking and sharing of insights.
Special attention will be given to microgrid case studies and business models for maximizing value for all stakeholders across the energy ecosystem.
Call for Speakers
Technology leaders and business executives interested in participating as a speaker are welcome to submit a presentation proposal by Friday, February 13, 2015. For information on submitting a
proposal, please review the Call for Speakers guidelines.
- Microgrid project developers, owners, and entrepreneurs
- Utility and energy provider executives
- Solar PV, wind power, biogas, CHP, and renewable energy companies
- Power control system and software vendors
- Battery suppliers and energy storage companies
- Regulatory and policy development professionals
- Researchers, educators, and professors focusing on sustainable energy
- Financial and VC professionals
- System integrators and project consultants
Be sure to join your colleagues from around the world
who are shaping the microgrid future!